Sunday, February 23, 2014

Don't call me honey.

Something that probably frustrates me way more than it should is when someone, especially someone younger than me, calls me "honey" or "love" or "sweetie" or "pal." I am NONE of these things to you.

While you are trying to sound mature and kind by calling me these things, you are actually belittling me. I may want to punch you.

People who CAN call me the names discussed above: my grandma, my grandpa, that cute old lady in the neighborhood, temple workers, my 4 year old niece when I'm pretending to be her baby while playing house, and sometimes my parents. Or you have to be older than 50.

So. If you don't fall into any of the above categories, do NOT call me honey, love, babe, sweetie, sweetheart, darling, buddy or pal.

Thank you.

2 comments:

  1. You're speaking the truth honey.

    Jokes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I may want to punch you."
    I may love this. Words get thrown around a lot without a second thought.

    ReplyDelete